Question
Posted by: Zee01 | 2011/02/08

Breastfeeding and eyes

Hello doc!

My baby is now 9 months, and I am still breastfeeding.

When I went for new glasses the optomitrist told my in September that it is not a good idea to start wearing contact lenses while breastfeeding, something to do with reactions?!

I really want contact lenses, are there any ground for this claim?

Thank you so much!!

Hallo Zee01
Hormonal changes may influence your eyeball shape, so if you fit contact lenses now, it may not fit after a few months when you stop breast feeding. The solution is simple - get the throw-away type lenses and only buy for the next few months (until you think you will stop breast feeding) then go for another eye test about a month after stopping breast feeding and see if you need a new prescription. I wore my lenses right through pregnancy and breastfeeding!

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/08

Hallo Zee01