Question
Posted by: Ekke | 2008/07/27

Breastfeeding 2312

HI Doc

I' m a little confused, I first post my question about breastfeeding the baby to the infirtility expert and he told me that I must post it to you. He said to use motilium and estogen. I have 4x miscarried so I was pregnant although I didn' t go full term.

Could I still not breastfeed?

The process of trying to breastfeed if you have not been pregnant is quite long and complicated with no guarantee of success. Of the women who go this route, very few are able to produce enough milk to breastfeed completely but are often able to produce a small amount of milk.
Preparing the breast entails both administering medications and performing techniques. The breast can be with ethinyl estradiol 50 micrograms 3 times daily, or with 1-time administration of depot medroxyprogesterone acetate 100 mg intramuscularly. Preparation of the breast should also be started in advance by using a breast pump for regular stimulation of the nipples.

Galactagogues are medications that can induce or enhance breast milk production and have been used for inadequate milk supply, induced lactation and relactation.
Domperidone (Motilium) can be used to increase milk supply. I would suggest that you contact one of the breastfeeding organisations if you are going to try this route.