Question
Posted by: Anonamous | 2009/11/30

breast ultrasound

I just had a breast ultrasound done and the doc took literally 30 seconds to do both breasts, only imaging from the top of my breasts, he said he can see all quarters like that, is this possible as all the web sites say it takes between 15 and 30 minutes for a thorough examination, but mine was well less than a minute. Advise please, as it costs a lot and must be thorough, but if that is all it takes then im happy, would just like to be sure

Breast problems are not in my area of expertise, so I cannot comment.

3
Posted by: Dee | 2009/12/03

I thought they would as it was a routine ultrasound, given they did a mammogram first, and that was all clear, but I was advised that both should be done routinely, and it should be thorough, but waiting docs response

Reply to Dee

Posted by: A | 2009/12/02

With my ultrasound they moved the ' scanner'  all the way round each breast in all directions.

Reply to A