Question
Posted by: nici | 2008-11-06

breast tenderness not pregnant

Hi there i am aged 36 have the mirena now for 5 years and my periods was short and almost regular only spotting sum times, for the past week or so my nipples are sensitive!i did a home pregnancy test that was negative, so i dont think i am pregnat allthough i picked up weight about 2kg`s, could it be hormone related my tenderness?

It could be hormone related.

1
Posted by: Rix | 2008-11-07

I had an even worse experience. I has really swollen and painful breasts, thinking I' m preggies (been trying for ages!!) did a urine test. Negative. I sat in a nice hot bath that evening and actually had a clear liquid leaking out of one of my nipples!! Decided I HAD to be, did a blood test. Negative. I went to see the doctor, and it was simply hormones.
It could be pregnancy, it could be hormones. Only ONE way to find out....

Reply to Rix