Question
Posted by: Charne | 2010/03/17

breast reduction

I hope you can help. My sister-in-law is overweight, but she has had a VERY full bust all her life (Normal shops don''t sell her size) She weighs 89kg and is 155cm. Would any medical aid partially cover a breast reduction if deemed medically necessary, and if so, which ones?

I hope you can assist, or point me in the right direction.

Hallo Charne
Most Medical aids do pay for breast reduction if an orthopedic surgeon motivates that the heavy bust is causing backache or other problems.

2
Posted by: BMJ | 2010/03/17

I had a breast reduction 19 years ago. My medical aid paid in full. But the plastic surgeon must motivate it and he said nobody would even consider it unles you are at goal weight. Tell her to lose the weight and then go for it.

Reply to BMJ
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/17

Hallo Charne

Reply to cyberdoc