Posted by: pam | 2009-03-03

breast reduction

i have a lot of pain shoulders , rashes under breasts from sweating i have a sweating problem and deep cuts in my shoulders as my breast are sagging and very heavy. my medical aid is not supportive for this type of operation i am 58 and have not requested it for cosmetic reasons i have 4 chronic problems hypertension diabetes 2 high cholestrol high blood pressure and are on medication for them i want to start exercising but can not wak or run because its painful what can you suggest for the pain
and uncofort i am on a healthy eating programme i just want to live healther

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Pam,
It is important to evaluate exactly where the pain is coming from. What tissues or structure in the body. Consult your nearest osteopath for this evaluation. For more information on osteopathy visit
The osteopath will treat you for this pain but also help evaluate any maintaing factors in the way of poor postural and lifestyle habits.
Exercise is important. Try starting with a static bike. 5 minutes daily at low intensity and increasing to 10 minutes daily on the second month and 5 minutes per month increase thereafter. This will benefit all of your chronic health conditions.
Ensure your diet has been evaluated by a qualified professional to avoid you wasting time on a fad diet. Drink plenty of filtered water, avoid processed foods, caffiene and soya for a start.

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath