Question
Posted by: Ants | 2010/03/02

Breast Pains

Hi gynaedoc,

I need your help... I have been on the depo provera injection for the last 5 years, I am a healthy 32 year old with two kids. Over the last 6 months I have been experiencing breast pain on a regular basis.

The pain in my breast are so bad that I cant even touch them. The nipples are hard and tender, the whole breast feels dense and heavy. It usually lasts for a couple of days and then subsides for a few days and starts again. every time that it happens my breasts are bigger, I have gone from a C cup to a DD cup.

I dont understand what is causing it??? I have spoken to my own gynae and he reckons its nothing to worry about, but it really concerns me as I didnt even have pains like this when I was pregnant or breastfeeding.

Please help and tell me what could be causing this.

Ants.

There are a number of breast conditions which can cause painful breasts. Unfortunately this is not in the realm of gynaecologists. You could go to a Breast clinic or see a surgeon who specialises in breasts.

2

Posted by: CC | 2010/03/02

Thats one of the syntoms of depo, google it you will find some answers, i would suggest to change to another birth control.

Reply to CC