Question
Posted by: Carla | 2008/08/01

Breast pain - non-cyclical

For the past month I have been experiencing continued pain/discomfort in my left breast. I went to the doc and she did an exam which was fine, however the discomfort persists. I have been off the pill for the last month as I' m trying to fall pregnant, however, the ache is not at all like the sensitive breasts I had when pregnant with my last child. Could this discomfort be linked to going off the pill, should I have a mammogram?

Carla

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is possible that you are experiencing the discomfort and pain in your breast due to stopping the contraceptive. It is however, a good idea to have a mammogram done to exclude underlying pathology.

Kind regards