Question
Posted by: kato | 2008/05/28

Breast pain after feeding

Dear doc,

I have shooting pain in my left breast towards my arm after I breastfed my baby. I have been for my 6-week checkup and asked my doctor whether this could be thrush, he has ruled that out since I have no problems with my nipple. What could cause this pain? I have ruled out mastitis since I have no hard lumps, redness or hotness on the breast itself.

I'm afraid I can;t help.

1
Posted by: New Mom | 2008/10/18

My baby is 5 weeks old and latches and feeds well. He was admitted to hospital when he was 2 weeks old and was on antibiotics. I have a crack in my one nilpple but both nipples are red and sore.The lactation consultant gave me treatment for thrush but my baby has no signs of thrush in his mouth. Is it possible that I am suffering from thrush and not my baby? What else could be causing me the pain? How can I stop it from getting worse? Thank you for you help.

Reply to New Mom