Question
Posted by: Shelly | 2011/03/22

Breast Pain

I was hoping you would be able to give me some advice
I have pain in my right breast. It is in the lower part of the breast and it feels like It has been bruised. I came across this yesterday and today the pain has not gotten any better. Do you know what could have caused this and what should I do about it? I am 29 and a smoker. I also drink red wine at times. Do you think I have reason to be concerned? Like I am worried that it could be something serious.

Hallo Shelly
Breast pain is most commonly caused by hormonal fluctuations causing swelling of the breast's glands. One can also get an infection in a milk duct or gland, the area will then be red and warm and you may develop a fever. Try using Voltaren gel on the area if it is not red, swollen and you don't feel a definite lump. If the pain does not subside you should rather let your doctor have a look.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/22

Hallo Shelly