Question
Posted by: Shelley | 2008/10/13

Breast pain

I dont know if I am directing this question to the correct party, but I am having quite severe stabbing pain in my left nipple - sometimes it feels like a severe pinching feeling, sometimes a dull burning - there is no discharge or itching.

Sometimes - especially around my period time this same nipple becomes inverted which I was told id nothing to worry about as it is probably hormones, but the pain is becoming a factor now.

I am 27 years old so it cant be growing pains, I am an otherwise healthy individula who follows a low fat diet and I also work out 4 times per week (not running or jogging or anything so it cant be irritation causing the pain)

Breast cancer does run in the family (my grandmothers niece had it). Could this be breast cancer? I dont feel any lumps at all.

This isn't really the right forum. I would suggest that you start off seeing your GP, who could refer you to a Brest Clinic if necessary.