Posted by: Dee | 2009-09-23

Breast nipple

Im breastfeeding my 8months old boy and recently I noticed my nipple skin is changing it is crusty and skin is peeling off, very itchy and i sometimes have cuts not sure from where and they bleed not too much thou. Sometimes they sre wet and sticky.

I breastfeed my baby once or sometimes I don' t becaus eof this. If he sucks a bit long It gets itchy and the cuts appear after while.

I have never expirience anything like his before and I haven' t checked for breast cancer, No history of breast cancer in my family.

Im 25yrs what could be the cause ?

Hallo Des
Please show your doctor - it may be an eczema or a yeast infection and treatment will depend on the cause.

Posted by: Dee | 2009-09-23

Both nipples

Reply to Dee