Question
Posted by: Q | 2009/10/26

Breast lump

Hi Doc.
I am 38 yrs old - had miscarriage about 4 weeks ago - at almost 9 weeks (IVF prgnancy). I have just discovered a lump in my breast, just on the inside of my right breast next to the nipple. It is not painful and does not seem to move. Could this be cancer or caused from some of the ivf medications - crinone gel, utrogestan, progynova, luveris, lucrin. Should I have a mammogram or sonar? No nipple discharge at present, but did have colostrum looking discharge just after miscarriage. Thank you!

Hallo Q
You should at least have a thorough physical examination by your doctor and a sonar of the area. It could just be a swollen milkgland but it needs to be examined to exlude a possible cancer. They may want to do a needle biopsy with local anaesthetic (pull out a little bit of fluid/tissue from the nodule to send to the lab)

2
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/26

Hallo Q

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/26

Hallo Q

Reply to cyberdoc