Posted by: p | 2009-03-16

Breast infections(Mastitis)

In december last I experienced a pain in my left breast and the doctor told me it is mastitis, the breast was very painful and i would feel my temparature rise. He gave me antibiotic but about three weeks ago the pain reouccured and this time with flu. I went to see a different doctor and he told ime it Mastitis and prescribed antibitics to clear the infection and told me to come back for a check up after five days to see if the infection has clread or not and if not he will refer me to specialist for more test. But the doctor has moved to another surgery when i went back for a check up. On monday night last week the pain was so severe and could not breathe as normal so i had to hospital in emergency room to get checked by a doctor what was wrong and my temperature was high at the time. He told me it might be Mastitis after i told him about what other doctor diagnosed and he also gave me antibiotics and pain killers. I have just finished the course but the pain is still there and now i have this rash on my face. I' m worried about my health and wonder if the doctors diagnosis that i saw in the past three months was right or not. Please advise what must i do and this year only i took 3 antibiotics course which worries me a lot. What effect can this have on my body and i feel dizzy most of the time. Thanks...looking forward to hear from you...

This is not a Gynae problem. Surgeons deal with breast problems.