Question
Posted by: mommy | 2009/02/05

breast implants

I see from one of your posts regarding the above, you are telling the person if they have medical aid, they must get their GP to refer them to a plastic surgeon. Does this mean that Medical aid will pay for the op?

I have very small implants at the moment - there is nothing wrong with them, but I have not been happy with the size from the start (10 years now) and want to get bigger ones put in.

Is it possible for medical aid to pay for some of this?

Dear Mommy
Medical aids will only pay for breast reduction if there is a medical reason for it ( like back problems ) Medical aids usually do not pay for cosmetic surgery.