Posted by: Flatty | 2009-07-20

Breast enlargement

Hi Doc. I am 35 and used to almost size 34AA. Now my breast are completely gone, I am serious, even the nipples are little empty sacks. I am exactly the size of a mastectomy patient. I want to get implants as clothes does not fit me and there is no bra small enough for me. I dont want to wear external prosthesis like I had a disease when I still feel young and sexy. My husband does not want to go into debt for the op, as he says it does not bother him. What am I to do? How would he feel without a penis?

I don;t work much with breasts these days, and wonder why you have experienced such a degree of localized loss of fatty tissue. Have you los a lot of weight generally ? Voluntarily, or should you be seeking an explanation for why so much weight was lost ? Anyhow, you ARE still young and sexy. The cost is a significant consideration during these hard times, but presumably your husband is being sympathetic but trying to assure you that he does not find you less sexy doe to some weight-loss. Otherwise it is reasonable to consider getting the opinion and a quote from a plastic surgeon, so at least you knwo what you are considering.

Posted by: Anon | 2009-07-21

My ex wife had a boob job in March 2008 in the rosebank clinic, it cost R35k all inclusive. Very good job done. Problem was that she thought it would make a difference to how she felt about herself. She had small boobs but it never bothered me, she was sexy enough. But was a big issue for her, so against my will she went and did it. I supported her in the end cause i thought it would make a difference in our marriage, which was failing in anycase.

Needless to say a couple of months later she was just back to where she was before the operation, the exitement had worn off, and the emptiness returned into her life. Pity though, the boobs looked great.

My advice from having traveled down that road is to make sure that the reason you are doing it for is the right one. If your personality is one that will never, ever be satisfied with anything, then dont waste your money. But if it will permanently make you fell sexy and attractive and will add positivity to your marriage, GO FOR IT...its worth every cent.