Question
Posted by: Anon | 2012-04-09

Breast discharge?

Hi, I have for some months now had a breast discharge. It is very slight and is a thick sort of creamy white substance. Not enough to wet my clothing just enough to notice. It sort of smells of old milk? I have also never experienced breast tenderness and now I do. I am petrified that it could be cancer although I have never felt any lumps.
I stopped breastfeeding about a year ago and never experienced any leaking up until about five months ago. What could possibly be happening. I am on the pill.

It could be a side effect of the Pill or due to high prolactin levels. I would suggest that you have these checked.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-04-14