Question
Posted by: Tess | 2011/01/11

Breast cysts

Hi Doc,
I am 46, non smoker. I had my rountine mammo and ultra sound - i seem to have a small cluster of simple cysts. Last year there was two simple cysts on the right side. They seen the one cyst on the same position now. The doctor said no abnormal vascularity or solid component - no features of malignancy. My question is how long can a cyst stay? I have searched on the internet and they mention that birth control tablets can be the cause. I am still on microval?

Breast problems are in the realm of the surgeons not gynaecologists, so you would have to discuss this with them. Microval should not cause this.

2

Posted by: Tess | 2011/01/11

Sorry doc, just to let you know that the description was my summary of the report.... Thank you.

Reply to Tess