Posted by: Nicole Barbezat | 2009-08-18

Breast capsulectomy

I am going to surgery for the third time for capsular contractures on
Saturday and as every time I am freackying out...
I just got the flue last week, still coughing, and I am a heavy drinker, not a healthy person at all, what are my risks ? I am in good hands though.
Thanks for your reply.
Best, Nicole

Dear Nicole
I would recommend that you contact your surgeon and discuss the fact that you had flu and are still coughing as this can affect your anaesthetic. Please do not drink any alcohol before and after your operation as your liver will be stressed by the anaesthetic and any other medications that you may have to take. It may help to eat the healthiest possible diet before and after your operation which would entail eating mainly fresh fruit and vegetables, fish, whole grains and fat-free milk and dairy products to build up your resistance and give your liver a chance to recover.
With best wishes