Question
Posted by: Marlize | 2012/07/17

Breast Cancer tests for 16 year old

hi, my daughter is turning 16. Her Aunt was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. her doctor advised to have all the girls in the family tested for breast cancer. What tests are there that can be done to test for breast cancer and what is most recommended? I heard about young girls that can be tested through spit in the mouth, can this be done and how effective is it?

You can test for the breast cancer gene, but you should discuss this with a breast clinic or breast specialist. Gynaecologists do not deal with this.

1