Question
Posted by: Kathy | 2008/10/31

Breast Cancer prognosis

I had 3mm tumour and a lumpectomy followed by radiation in 2004 (as a result of DCIS). In 2008 in the same breast, I had a mastectomy following a 3cm tumour as well as a 1.5 cm tumour. The tumours had changed from " moderately aggressive"  or Grade 2 in 2004 to Grade 3 in 2008 and was treated with chemo and Herceptin. In neither case had the cancer spread to the lymph nodes. Wgat really is my prognosis ?

Dear Kathy

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Your prognosis is very good, seeing that the cancer has not spread to the armpit nodes. Continue with your rigorous screening.

Kind regards