Question
Posted by: Angel | 2010/05/11

Breast cancer and contraceptives

I have two questions.

1. I was diagnosed with DCIS and chose a double mastectomy which I had last year 8 Dec. They also removed the lymph nodes under my arms and the auxiliary fluid. My question is, since I had the surgery, I have picked up about 6kg. I never use to battle to loose weight. But now, even eating healthy and being very active, I cannot seem to shake the weight. Could the surgery have anything to do with this? Its really bothering me.

2. I have been using Diane for over 5 years now, but looking for a lighter contraceptive tablet. One that is good for your skin, but doesn''t cause weight gain.

Thanks for any responses.

I don't see that the surgery would have caused weight gain. You could try Yasmin. ARe you sure you should be on the Pill if you have had breast cancer though?

1