Question
Posted by: Pippa | 2011/10/04

Breast bone pains

Hi Doc, I get breast bone pains, been for ECG, gastrocopy and colonoscopy, but nothing wrong, could it be my lungs or breasts please? I dont know to which doctor to go anymore. Could it be just plain indigestion or an allergy to a certain food? thanks!

Pippa

If the pain is a non-spesific pain and your chest is tender to the touch, you should consult an orthopaedic surgeon. It will also be a good idea to have a mammogram done to exclude any breast pathology. In the interim, you can use Naproxen 275mg, one to two tablets, three times daily, for at least five days, to alleviate the inflammation.