Question
Posted by: janice | 2009/07/29

breast biopsy

live outside sa so medical problem. always have mammogram in sa, in may had three stereotactic biopsies. benign. told would have bruising, pain for couple days, black breast much pain for over a month, doctor put me on antibiotics. now three months later, slight discolouration on breast, not a problem, but sharp pains every so often. wondering if I should be worried.

Dear Janice
You may have had a hematoma of the breast, especially if the colour is now green or yellowish, and the pain could be still due to this. Try using Voltaren jel on the area (or something similar). If the breast is red, warm and swollen you should see a doctor again.