Question
Posted by: Distressed | 2008/07/26

Breast Augmentation Unsatisfactory

I had breast implants done 2 weeks ago. The one breast is a bit smaller and not as rounded and firm as the other which is perfect. I saw the surgeon last week and was told to give the implants time to ' settle' ? (Both implants are 400cc)
I have always had a breast complex and don' t want to continue life still having a complex.
Having had surgery 2 weeks ago can I have surgery immediately to correct the one breast.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Distressed, thank you for the question.
Firstly my apology for the “disappearance” of your answer I am not sure what happened as it was posted by me on the 26th July. I will paste the answer again and once again sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience.
The difference in size between the two breasts can be and is most probably normal considering that they are identical in implant size (unless you were asymmetrical before the surgery). The main reason for the post surgery asymmetry is swelling and slight differences in the healing between the two sides. This slight difference may last and be visible for 6 months following surgery but during this time they should gradually start to appear more equal.
I would do nothing for now and wait for most of the swelling to disappear and this initial swelling usually takes 6 weeks to dissipate.

5
Posted by: Harris Ware | 2008/11/13

urlfo4m12kpp1uib

Reply to Harris Ware
Posted by: Dr Alek Nikolic | 2008/08/07

Hello Distressed.
Again my apologies as the way you describe the movement seems to point to a malposition even though it seems to be very early. Malposition is typically seen over the course of time as woman’ s breast changes the position of the breast implants may change with time as well. This may occur to an extent that the implants do not appear in proper relation to the breast, termed malposition. They may appear to far to the side or too low, termed “ bottoming out” . When breast implants bottom out, the treatment is surgical. It involves manipulating the tissue to create an internal brassiere to support the breast implants in a proper position. A similar type of secondary breast implant revision can be performed for implants that have moved too far to the side.

My advice would be to see your plastic surgeon again and show him the concerns you have with the difference in movement you have noticed.
If you are unhappy with the answer there is nothing stoping you from getting a second opinion from a different plastic surgeon.

Please remeber to submit a question directly to me as the " Post a Reply"  does not appear on the server on my side and I may miss your question. Furthermore, to improve security and that you can be assured the answer is from me, it is best to go to the A-A Forum and click the " Submit a Question"  button.

Reply to Dr Alek Nikolic
Posted by: Distressed | 2008/08/05

Thanks for the reply. It is 4 weeks on and I now see that my problem with the one breast is definatley Lateral Malposition. It is not quite under the armpit but close enough. When I flex my pec muscles the ' good'  boob moves up but the ' bad'  boob, the implant moves out sidewards to the armpit. Seeing a photo of my beasts only confirms my problem and worse than what I see in the mirror.
Question again, can I have surgery immediately to correct the problem as depression is setting in. I understand the swelling etc factors, been on the net researching breast augmentation for the past 4 weeks and have seen breast problems exactly like mine called lateral malposition. Thanks for your time and advice.

Reply to Distressed
Posted by: Dr A Nikolic | 2008/07/31

I only saw this morning that your answer did not appear so I have pasted the answer again. Sorry for the delay, I am not sure what happened.

Reply to Dr A Nikolic
Posted by: Distressed | 2008/07/28

There is no advice in your post reply. Could you please advise, thanks.

Reply to Distressed