Question
Posted by: Theresa | 2011-08-09

breast

I have been experiencing a heavy feeling in my left breast for quite a while now. My breast also aches all the time and i have pain in my back just above my left kidney. Should i be worried? I am 45 years old and had a hysterectomy last year. There is no history of breast cancer in my family. I had a check up by the gynae about 2 months ago and am going for a mammogram on Friday.
Theresa

Theresa

I do not think that you should be too concerned but I do suggest that you ask your doctor for a stress ECG to exclude cardiac pathology. He/she should also do an urine analysis to check for protein or blood in your urine, as it is possible that you have a chronic kidney infection, which is causing the lower back pain.