Posted by: Lady | 2009-02-26

I have had very painfull right breast and there is a lump/ knot /hard place ( according to the docter no cancer or cyst ).Went to the GP he gave me cortizone, evening primrose and I' ve been drinking Paramore for 3 weeks almost 3 times a day for the pain.
Now the radiologist said I should just go on with the Paramore and evening primrose ( 1000mg ) as I do now. O yes, I went for a mamogram and a sonar this morning ( docters orders ) but still I' m not happy with results, for I am happy its not cancer or a cyst, still all they can say is its inflamed breast tissue and some people just have painfull / sensitive breast and I do not understand why its soooo painfull ( even with the anti inflams ).I can just sit and its there, the pain, I feel like I am carrying a weight of fire on my breast. Should I get another opinion? What is your opinion? Thank you

Breast problems are not handled by gynaecologists, but by surgeons. See a surgeon if you are not happy.

Posted by: Lady | 2009-02-26

I will take you advice. Saying I am stressed would be an understatement since I cant remember the last time I was not.

Reply to Lady
Posted by: Me | 2009-02-26

I had the same thing a couple of years ago. The dr gave it a name (one of those big medical aid names) and when I looked at him funny, he called it " modern age woman syndrome"  Aparantly this can happen when we have a lot of stress (at that stage I did). He gave me tablets (sorry, I can not remeber the name) and I took it for 5 days. It was all better afterwords. It happened to me again once..... I tried to relax and it went away.

I hope it will get sorted for you ASAP.
Maybe you should go and see another dr

Reply to Me