Question
Posted by: Poshh | 2008/09/30

Breasfeeding &  gaining more.

HI,
I am currently breasfeeding &  gainig weight a lot, help!!!!!, I used to weigh 65kg and now I weigh 85kg

Dear Poshh
Congratulations on the birth of your baby. Breastfeeding is a great and wonderful gift that mothers can give their children, so I would not like you to do anything that will stop you breastfeeding (e.g. starvation diets or excessive exercise). To lose weight sensibly you can try eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), but add 2 extra cups of fat-free milk or yoghurt to the prescribed intake to ensure that you ingest enough calcium for you and baby. Also do daily exercise (take baby for a brisk walk in the pram) for 30 or more minutes a day. make sure that you don't eat foods that are rich in fat like cakes, chips, pies, etc and you will lose weight.

2
Posted by: Jean | 2008/10/01

What do u eat inbetween, do u eat healthy and snack on healthy stuff &  drink water when the cravings hit or do u eat what u can get in the hands. u do eat more and have to eat more wile breast feeding, but its inportant to eat the correct foods.

good luck

Reply to Jean
Posted by: LC | 2008/10/01

I have the same problem, but do like to crave more and are always hungry. Some of the people I know lost weight while breastfeeding. Why is it different with me?

Reply to LC