Posted by: Kelly | 2009-03-03

My bf just broke up with me via sms...
Says we need to take ' time out' 
Wants to speak to me face to face but I don' t want to see him right now even though I have so many questions because I know im going to cry my eyes out!
Why the hell do I have to feel like this!
I mean if he dsn' t want to be with me then it should be fine, he has freedom of choice but still I feel so crappy right now.
We' ve been together for just over a year, I lost my virginity to him and really love this guy.
I asked him why he' s breaking up with me via sms and he says he' s not breaking up with me, he truly loves me a lot but just needs time out, for what he cannot answer and for how long he cant seem to tell me either.

Breaking up via SMS seems to cowardly --- if there are good reasons, surely it can and should be discussed face-to-face ? OK< meeting with him now could be upsetting ( but there doesn't seem to be any NON-upsetting option ) and you will weep. For a while. He could have significant personal reasons for wanting some time out, that aren't about anything negative about you or his relationship with you, but if so, he ought to discuss this with you, and help you to understand it. IF this seems genuine, liking him as you do, you may want to agree that he sort out these other issues before returning ?

Posted by: Oh Yes | 2009-03-04

Bobs girlfriend is spot on. Got out and buy that rocket !! Give him all the space the creep needs like forever, Pity about losing your purity to him, thats a bummer. Remember what they say, if you give yourself out as a toffee you will get chewed, Sorry about that.

Reply to Oh Yes
Posted by: southernwrite | 2009-03-03

Bob' s GF hits the nail on the head

Reply to southernwrite
Posted by: sideways | 2009-03-03

The only solution is to meet with him and discuss this face to face. Ask all the questions you have inside of you and then based on his answers and explanations you can decide on a way forward. The pain is unfortunately inevitable but perhaps with a better understanding of the situation it can be minimized. What CS says is very good.

Reply to sideways
Posted by: Bob' s girlfriend | 2009-03-03

Sorry to say this to you but guys need " time out"  or " space"  because there is someone else. They need the time away from you to persue this new thing and then to deceide if this is what they want or not and if it' s not then there is always you to go back to.

Lovely is it not?

If he then comes back to you it will only be a while until there is someone else.

My friend if he wants his space buy him a rocket and send him off.

You need to cut your losses, sorry.

Tell him if you want time out then please take as much as you want but I will not be here when you are done with whatever you need the time out for. Have a nice life.

Girl, of course it will hurt right now and for a long time to come. But eventually with time it will get better little by little.

Good luck.

Reply to Bob&#39&nbsp;s girlfriend