Question
Posted by: Wasted time | 2008/08/27

Breaking up

When I look at my boyfriend all I see is red, i found out he is cheating on me. I asked him and of course he denied it. I cannot think straight I just feel like lashing out. Will a psychologist be able to help me deal with this and also give me advice on how to stay away. I went back 4 times before and he always ends up cheating. This time i just want out forever.

Gosh this is turning out to be Cheat City today ! A psychologist ought to help you to find the best way to deal with your emotions and to select the best and most productive way to respond. He is a serial cheater and highly unlikely to change, so seeing a counsellor to help you protect yourself and stop going back which only enables him to continue cheating, would be wise. He has become a bad habit of yours, which you need to break. His own really bad habits are out of your reach to change

4
Posted by: Same boat | 2008/08/28

I am in the same boat as you. I am in a relationship that is clearly not working. I have also broken up with the guy a number of times but I keep going back.

I have now decided " NO MORE" . Just do it - cold turkey. I know how hard it is when you still love the guy. But you have to get out for your won sake or you will lose your mind.

He has no respect for you and each time you go back to him he loses more respect for you coz he knows that if you leave you will always come back.

Just bite the bullet - don' t call him, don' t see him, don' t let him talk to you coz he will just tell you lies and you will believe him coz you still love him and then you will take him back AGAIN. Someone needs to break this painful cycle you are going through and that pesron is you. Good luck. It' s going to be hard to break free, but it gets better as time goes on and you will thank yourself for it.

Reply to Same boat
Posted by: Ai | 2008/08/28

Sorry about your pain! Know how you feel, this is the worst feeling in the world.

Get out now girl, you deserve better, you know this right? Just think about the pain you' re feeling everytime you consider going back to him, that' ll be enough to force you to keep away!

Reply to Ai
Posted by: teenager | 2008/08/27

Seek help from a councellor and get over him once and for all. You don' t deserve this and will find someone better. If the same situation happened 4 times before it is bound to happen again. Rather get out of the relationship now while you have the chance before its too late and theres no turning back.

Reply to teenager
Posted by: :-( | 2008/08/27

So sorry to hear about the pain you had to go through! A psychologist will be able to help you, but I think it must be the right one, some of them I think is just after people' s money. Good luck with your pain!

Reply to :-(