Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2010/09/01

breakfast time??

hi, i eat my breakfast at 11 am. is this too late? as breakfast is important when trying to lose weight. the thing is im a runner. i wake up at 6am and run for 45 minutes and it suppreses my appetite .i feel hungry at about 11am. today i forced myself to eat at 9am and ended up wasting my bowl of all bran flakes. what can i do? i dont feel hungry at all. is 11am late for breakfast? please advise. thanks.

Dear Mandy
Breakfast need not be eaten immediately after arising and some experts prefer the term "eating in the morning' instead of breakfast. There is no harm in only eating your breakfast at 11 am, but I would recommend that you should eat something before you go on your run. Consider the following: most people will have fasted for 11-12 hours since supper on the previous day when they get up which means their blood sugar levels are very low. You then go and run for 45 min with this low blood sugar level, which could make you feel very tired and washed out. It may be a good idea to have a small bowl of breakfast cereal with milk or yoghurt before you run to provide you with some fuel for the exercise. You can then have the second half of your breakfast at 11 am.
Enjoy the running

1

Dear Mandy
Enjoy the running