Question
Posted by: Ang | 2009/01/20

Breakfast enough?

HI
I have half a cup of allbran flakes, fat free milk and a cup of coffee for breakfast, is that sufficient or should I add something on?

Dear Ang
Your breakfast is adequate if you are having about half a cup of milk or yoghurt with the All-Bran and are trying to lose weight. If you are not slimming then you can consider adding additional foods such as wholewheat toast with grated cheese or jam, or a boiled egg, or cottage cheese or fruit or fruit juice. Some individuals eat your type of breakfast on rising and then have a snack at tea-time such as a fruit and yoghurt, or cottage cheese and Provitas or a boiled egg sandwich - it depends on you.
Enjoy