Question
Posted by: Elizabeth | 2012-10-29

Breakfast

i have 1/2 nectarine , 1/2 pear and 1/2 banana ( or similiar fruitys depending whats in season and what i have ) with 40g all bran flakes and 100g fat free ( no sugar added) yoghurt .or is 40g oats ( uncooked weight) 5g raisins and a glass of fat free milk better ( i used to always have that ) or is 2 pieces low gi bread toasted with 5-6 EGG whites and tom and 40g cottage cheese better or are they actually all the same :)

Is this ok for breakfast i eat 5 small meals a day ( well 3 meals and 2 snacks, lunch norm a tuna salad sammie with a side salad , very basic salad , lettuce , tom , cucumber carrots and beetroot no dressing) and dinner about the same size depending and my snack is norm a fruit or two or veggies , norm fruit mid afternoon and veg later. I really only eat chicken and fish for my protein but mainly dariy and i dont eat chips , choc at all during the day) Im a 26 female

Dear Elizabeth
All the breakfasts you describe can be used as equivalents by someone who is trying to lose weight. If you are not trying to lose weight then I would suggest that you add 1-2 slices of toasted low-GI bread with 1 t of margarine and a spread to the breakfasts. The rest of your diet is also adequate for someone who is trying to lose weight, but it may not supply you with sufficient energy if you are not trying to lose weight. Make sure that you get 3 servings of dairy a day, and at least 2 servings of chicken and 2 of fish per week (to provide some iron to your diet).

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-10-30

Dear Elizabeth