Posted by: Lana | 2012-03-30

I eat about 1800 calories a day, not really losing weight...not gaining either. However I do not eat breakfast. Does eating breakfast (healthy and low calorie of course) really help you lose weight? How?

Dear Lana
Some research studies have shown that skipping meals, but particularly breakfast can lead to overeating at subsequent meals and thus hamper weightloss. It may help you to have a small balanced breakfast such as a boiled egg with a slice of low-GI or rye bread and a fruit like an apple, or a bowl of high-bran cereal with fat-free milk or yoghurt and a fruit for breakfast. It is not necessary to eat breakfast immediately on getting up (many people can't face eating at this time). You can have your first meal of the day "during the morning" at say 10 am if necessary.
I am holding thumbs that this will help you with the weightloss. I know that eating breakfast will also help you to concentrate and to be more efficient in the morning.