Question
Posted by: Non breakfast fan | 2009/10/21

Breakfast

Dear Doc
I' m not a breakfast person but is aware of the benefits of having daily breakfast.

Please advise on how to get into the breakfast routine for a working person...

Dear Non-breakfast fan
Breakfast is indeed an important meal which can actually help people to lose weight and which will ensure that your brain works better than if it is starved for more than 12 hours (if you skip breakfast!). To get into a routine of eating breakfast you may need to make provision for extra time after getting up. Then decide what foods you can face in the morning. A well balanced breakfast can consist of ready-to-eat cereal like All-Bran or high-fibre Pronutro (which have a low GI and keep you from getting hungry), or Instant Oats with milk or yoghurt, a fruit or fruit juice, and 1 or 2 slices of toast (wholewheat or rye bread) with polyunsaturated margarine and any topping you like (marmalade, honey, Bovril, peanut butter, cheese, cottage cheese, a boiled or poached egg, or thinly sliced cooked meat, plus a hot beverage (coffee or tea or example with milk). Now if you find that you can't face food early in the morning, then pack the breakfast (cereal plus yoghurt and a fruit and if necessary the sandwich) and take it to work to "eat during the morning". We often make the mistake of thinking that it is necessary to eat our breakfast immediately after rising, but "eating during the course of the morning before about 10 am", is also fine.
Then there are breakfast replacements like Bokomo GetUp&Go which combines a cereal and milk in a handy carton. If you have one carton of the Bokomo product plus a fruit, you will also be better off than if you skip breakfast.
Good luck with your breakfasts

3
Posted by: Kiwi | 2009/10/21

hey there thats true,you will get use to it....i never had a problem with eating breakfast but i know that you can get use to everything and after sometime you will only get benefits after having good healthy breakfast....iam very healthy fit person and i love my breakfasts my first thought when i wake up is what should i have for breakfast and i will always find 15 min. to have small meal like yogurt with strawberies and after when i get to work i will have portion of good fuits...mmmmmm nothing better thans breakfast....good luck and enjoy

Reply to Kiwi
Posted by: C | 2009/10/21

I had the same problem. I used to force myself to eat something. For the last year I made a point of eating breakfast and, when I arrive at work, I make myself a little fruit salad with yogurt and actually enjoy eating earlier than my usual 10h00/11h00. Eventually it will become habit.

Reply to C

Dear Non-breakfast fan
Good luck with your breakfasts