Posted by: LERATO | 2008-12-10

hi Doc,
i have always been a busy person and hence never been able to eat breakfast, cause by the time i realise that i' m hungry, its lunch time already. now i' m worried because when i started making it a point that i dont mis my breakfast, i gained a lot of weight cause i tend to get hungry a lot quicker than when i dont eat in the morning. i now dont eat breakfast at all unless i' m realy hungry and i have lost all the weight and am not as hungry anymore. but breakfast is the most impotent meal of the day how can i make this work?

Dear Lerato
I am interested to hear that you get hungrier when you eat breakfast than when you skip breakfast because a number of scientific studies have shown that people who do eat breakfast eat less at subsequent meals and thus tend to be slimmer than people who skip breakfast. You don't mention what you eat when you do have breakfast? It may help to ensure that you eat foods with a low glycaemic index (GI) at breakfast, for example low-fat yoghurt with high-fibre bran cereal or low-GI bread with a boiled egg. Some cereals and porridges have a high-GI which will make you feel hungry faster. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI.

Posted by: jules | 2008-12-18

I actually have the same problem. I am trying to lose weight and therefore have my supper before 7, but I wake up hungry and by having cereal with skim milk, or two slices toast with a boiled egg, makes me even hungrier. Please help

Reply to jules
Posted by: Breakfast | 2008-12-10

When you eat breakfast you must do it big.
Then medium lunch
small / lite supper (dinner is a big meal)

Reply to Breakfast