Question
Posted by: Blommie | 2008/09/24

BREAK UP BLUES

Please could somebody try and help me understand how a man can break up without a very good reason after 4 years of serious relationship and dive straight into the next relationship. How on earth is that possible??

Maybe other readers can oblige. In my experience the answers aren't so global. SO the real question would be why did THIS specific man ( men can be very different from wach other ) break up from THIS woman ( ditto ) in THIS situation. And at a guess, it sounds as though he may have been straying and starting the new relationship earlier than you realized.

5
Posted by: blommie | 2008/09/25

Thanks you guys - you are just confirming my suspicions. And Fruit I know exactly what you are talking about - I am also constantly questioning myself and asking where did i go wrong - it' s been 77 days now and I am only now starting to look at things differently. Good luck to you too and thanks everybody for your input.

Reply to blommie
Posted by: fruit | 2008/09/25

My boyfriend did the same thing, he used a small quarel as an excuse for leaving me...even today I don' t kow why he left me he doesnt wnt to face me and tell the truth so I assume that he' s dating somebody..It took me long to get over him cause I kept asking myself what have I done, am I a bad person and so on, but thank God im over him and Life goes on.

Reply to fruit
Posted by: C | 2008/09/25

Hi there, chances are that he may have met someone 3 weeks before your split and then didnt know how to tell you and then used your quarrel as a means to end the relationship. This is one scenario.

Reply to C
Posted by: blommie | 2008/09/25

Well one month before he left everything was still perfect - he was so excited about our future. Then we had a quarrel nothing series and then wam bam - he left me. Reason - he is cold and dead for me and never want to be in a relationship with me again.

Reply to blommie
Posted by: Ja | 2008/09/25

i think i' m with doc here. Either that or he' s been thinking of leaving for a looong time.

Reply to Ja