Question
Posted by: dw | 2011-06-13

break up

So I broke up with my bf on Saturday which I thought would make me happy, but I cant stop crying. He is still contacting me which makes it more difficult. I havent responded to any of his correspondence because I need to move on. Willl this get better?

SO often in life, we have mixed feelings about such events. But a break-up out to be an end - why does he keep on contacting you ? And why, if that makes you feel worse, do you accept such contacts, rather than not answering when he calls ? Its not even READING his correspondence, rather than just not responding to it.
A break-up that isn't broken up, but continues to tolerate uncomfortable contacts, will be unpleasant far longer than a clean break.
From your description, it sounds as though you broke up with him, but that he doesn't understand what's happening or why. Maybe at least explain it to him ?

2
Posted by: Truth | 2011-06-13

If u broke up with him face to face and he is still contacting you answer the next call. Tell him simply and quickly that you no longer wish to have any further contact with him and that no further correspondence will be entered into.
Explain to him that should he persist in contacting you again you will take out a restraining order - then end the call politely.
It will get better.

Reply to Truth