Posted by: lowrider | 2009-05-19

break up

I clearly have never fallen in love before. Because this guy I was seeing right after my divorce has dumped me and I need to move on and get him out of my head and my heart.

How on EARTH does a person get over this. Oh MY LIFE!!! I never want to fall in love for real again - it hurts more than it' s worth!!!

Bottom line, I need to concentrate and move on, and focus on my job and I am for the first time experiencing real trouble doing that. It' s insane!

Any advice from previously heartbroken people please? How long is the recovery process supposed to take? I do not have patience to feel all sad and loopy... But I do and that' s the saddest part and it really hurts. I' ve never hurt like this, not even when my marriage broke up! Obviously this guy was different. Dammit!!

Love doesn't necessarily hurt, but so many of these rebound relationships end in hurt. Do no start a relationship, however promising it may look at the time, while still raw from the loss of a previous relationship. A counsellor may be able to help you do this more effectively and efficiently. It's no that this guy was so diffeent --- don't exaggerate his specialness --- he got to you when you were especially vulnerable