Posted by: Just a Little Wonder | 2009-05-13

Break-through bleed during cycle?

Good Morning Doc

I recently saw my gynae for amy annual check up and I informed her that for the last few months I have been experience a brown discharge for +/- 3 days in the middle of my cycle, she suggested that it is break-through bleeding. I am on currently on Nordette, and have been for many years.
I know that what usally has a break-through bleed when they stop the pill, but Im constant with mine and this happens every month.Could you please explain to me, what this break-through bleed means?

It may mean that the dose of the Pill is too low, and you need a stronger pill. I presume you have had a recent pap smear and internal examination.