Posted by: Lesley | 2009-08-20

Break out

Im just curious to know if u may not what it up with my skin.I live in Durban and whenever I leave Durban (I go to Jburg and international to Hongkong), doesnt seem to matter wher as the wather is normally the same most times. What happens is my skin gets very dry, stingy when I use my normal moisturiser AND RED patches.I though it was just the aircon on the flight, but I drove to Jburg over the weekend and my face reacted the same.Just curious to know, what u think this my skin just not adjusting to change(water,temp)or is it an allergy...I used to get excema on my hands from dishwsher and when I used to be stressed and Im allergic to dust!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

H Lesley, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my response but I was away presenting a talk for Longevity magazine.

There may be a number of reasons for the reaction you are experiencing. Following your history of allergies and previous eczema it may be due to an allergic reaction, however, my feeling is that you are experiencing a different climate resulting in your skin reacting. The Gauteng is known for drying one’s skin and this may be the reason why you are experiencing the changes noted.