Question
Posted by: Julie | 2010/09/07

break in roaccutane

Hi Pharm, I am so depressed as I''ve run out of money to continue taking my Roaccutane just now, I am a pvt patient.

I need to break for about 4 weeks and pay other pressing things, my child''s school fees are an example. Will my face flare up again? I am so worried it will. When I go back on, will there be any adverse reaction? I have no choice but to stop when I run out in the next 10 days. I''ve been on it about 6 weeks, with absolutely phenomenal results. I take generic Acnetane.

What do you think I can expect when I stop for a month? Will I be back to square one?

thanks

Julie

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Julie

As a minimum time-frame of 3 months is usually advised, it is difficult to predict exactly how your skin will respond to a break in treatment. I dont however suspect an immediate flare-up.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/09/08

Hi Julie

Reply to pharmacist