Posted by: jubJub | 2009-02-16

My Boyfriend and i have been fighting a lot lately, yesterday he told me that he wants to take a break. i think maybe he wants to break up but he doesn' t know how. is taking a break in a relation a good or a bad thing?

There's no general rule about this. Agreeing on an indefinite break may be a bad idea, but if you both agree to stay a[art for, say, 2 weeks, and then to get back together and review what happened, that could be useful

Posted by: Maria | 2009-02-17

My b/f once took a break but at least he did give me a time frame and on that very day he' d promised to be back, he was at my door step. Maybe he just needs to go figure out what is it that he wants from the rel/ship, if he' s willing to put up with the constant fights, etc.
In my rel/ship, i have also wanted to take breaks but didnt have the guts to tell him cos i thought he' d be gone forever.
Anyways, ask ur b/f for how long he would be gone, if u would still be communicating via phone/email, but beware that some people are afraid to break up with their partners(mainly cos they dont wanna hurt them), so they use the " i need a break"  thing as a way of gettin out of the rel/ship.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Take the hint | 2009-02-17

Oh yes, I am afraid its the beginning of the end. If you REALLY and TRUELY love someone, you never want to be apart. That old story of " wanting a break"  " wanting to FIND oneself"  is a load of old bull. Besides, when one leaves the other, what do they get up to ? Can you ever really trust that person again. ?Sorry to say girl, but he is trying to let you down gently. Call him out, let him have his space, like as wide and forever, get another guy who will really love you and treat you as you want to be treated. You take your B/F back again and you will always be on the back foot with him calling the shots

Reply to Take the hint