Question
Posted by: Racoon | 2008/12/11

Braxton Hicks

Dear Doc

I' m 32 weeks pregnant and having braxton hicks contractions every 30 minutes since about 16h00 yesterday afternoon. Is it normal? I am very stressed at the moment.

Dear Racoon
Braxton Hicks contractions are usually painless, more prominent if you move around and cease when you rest. True labor contractions get longer in length, closer in frequency and stronger in intensity. I think you should let your doctor know if you have contractions closer than 12 minutes apart or a bloody slimy vaginal discharge as this might indicate preterm labor and not Braxton Hicks contractions.