Posted by: SR | 2012-03-28

Braxon Hick?

Hi Doc,
I am 32 weeks pregnant and since the weekend i have been having pains at the same time each day about (late afternoon)- it starts in the lower back like period pain and then comes to the front. It lasts a minute or two then stops and then again for about an hour or two- no pattern really - just at the same time every day and really painfull - at these time the baby also moves a lot and adds to the discomfort, could this be braxton hicks? Should i be worried? It just feels like my period is about to start and although i haven''t had any mood swings or emotional episodes at all during this pregnancy, i all of a sudden find myself tearful this week too. We are under enormous stress as well, could this also be a factor? Just worried as i had a misscarriage last year and can''t go through that again. Also never experienced this when i was pregnant with my son.

It sounds normal for this stage of pregnancy but get your doctor to check it out if you are worried. It is probably the stress that is making you tearful.