Question
Posted by: TSEBO | 2009/10/26

BRAIN OPERATION

My brother got involved in a car accident last year in September, he was operated on shortly, I am not sure exactly what the procedure was.He started limping a few months after the op and frequent headaches.He was operated again this past September, they removed some blood from his brain. The limping and headaches started again,he was operated on again last week, they removed some fluid which his surgen says was thickening, he says it covers the brain and it is supposed to be thin. He was supposed to be discharged but his dr wants to operate again, he says he needs to remove the whole skull but all we need intervention from another specialist.His wife just called me, they just refused to discharge him saying he has an infection now.

Could you kindly advise?

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Tsebo,

The only way that I could offer you any advice is if I, and my colleagues were able to see the x-rays, scans, and other tests that they have done, and if we were able to examine him. Without this information it is unfortunately simply not possible to give you an informed opinion.

If you are not happy though, you are quite entitled to seek another opinion from another specialist neurosurgeon.

Headache sufferers often have a poor Quality of Life due to the constant pain and associated symptoms. For a free assessment of how your headaches are affecting your Quality of Life, click on http://www.headacheclinic.co.za/

This information has been supplied and checked by the multidisciplinary team of specialists at The Headache Clinic, in association with The International Headache Society and the South African Institute of Headache and Migraine Science. For consultation with these specialists, call The Headache Clinic on 0861 678 911 (Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban).

1
Posted by: headache expert | 2009/10/26

Dear Tsebo,

Reply to headache expert