Question
Posted by: Buick | 2009-03-13

Brain memory loss

i am a black male highly educated but tend to forget key english words while expressing myself,it really lower my self esteem.

There could be a vicious circle here, that you grow anxious that you MIGHT forget such a word, the anxiety making it more likely to happen, making you more anxious the next time. So try to be more calm about it, and don't be afraid to ask for adice on what the best word might be in some situations --- people often feel flattered you ask them to help. Also, as others say, watch English-language movies ( preferably ones where people actuially talk rather than just exploding things !) and read. I learned English, even though it is myh mother-tongue, mainly by reading as much good writing as I could

4
Posted by: DODDS | 2009-03-13

What is BRAIN MEMORY LOSS? and how do you qualify HIGHLY EDUCATED?

Reply to DODDS
Posted by: T | 2009-03-13

Crosswords also help

Reply to T
Posted by: d | 2009-03-13

watching english movies helps also

Reply to d
Posted by: solution | 2009-03-13

try and read more english books and the daily newspaper or blogs,
this will improve your english .... like everything
the more you use something the better you get at it

Reply to solution