Posted by: just me | 2009-07-23

brackish water

Hi Dr Bets, hope you are well!!

I recognize the health benefits of water and all that, but my problem is that our tap water is exceedingly brackish, and if I flush my nose/sinusses with it, I don' t even have to add salt, it' s already so saline. (and after I' ve flushed my sinusses, I usually get this foul (faint, but it' s there) smell/taste in my mouth!

I really can NOT afford to BUY something that I' m already paying so much tax/rent for (which is clean and safe WATER!!)

Is it really unhealthy to drink tap water?

Dear Just me
It is unhealthy if the tap water is not clean or contains high levels of salts. I think your best option would be to buy a Brita water filter jug which is cheaper than buying bottled water!