Question
Posted by: Abilio | 2009-07-16

brachial plexus

I was involved in a car accident almost a year ago to date, and according to the diagnosis of the neurologist, injured my T1, and as a result lost motor perception and movement on my right arm and all fingures, the docter then did an operation he called " end to side switch"  of the Ulner and median nerve. Almost a year now of painfull physio, i am stiil not able to move my fingers unassisted, how long is this likely to last, and is there a mechasism to assist my recorvery as my hand and fingers are now stiff and very very cold?

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Abilio,

i am a shoulder surgeon and the sort of problem you have will usually be referred to a neurologist and hand surgeon. i will not be able to give you a decent opinion

Regards,

Dr Joe de Beer