Question
Posted by: Breenie | 2012-08-14

BPD meds

Hi there, wonder if you could give me any advice/info on which meds could help (most beneficial) for borderline personality disorder. I suspect i may be a sufferer and will consult someone. Just want some heads up information, if possible. My Aropax is working, kinda, but not with all my symptoms. There are so many meds.
Ta much , B

None. ( as a general reply ). In some situations, some parts of the problems experienced by someone with borderline PD may benefit from the careful use of meds, selected carefully by a psychiatrist experienced in dealing with this problem ( and most are not thus experienced ). The usual treatment of depression will usually woprk in someone with BDL, but different doses might be needed. The primary treatment of BDL is highly skilled psychotherapy, not readily available in SA. The diagnosis is well beyond the abilities of almost all GPs, but see a proper specialist psychiatrist and discuss your diagnostic concerns, and get the benefit of his assessment and advice

1